Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
As the Author or Creator of the work, you warrant that:
- The copyright has not previously been assigned nor the Work published elsewhere, nor is it currently before another journal for consideration;
- The work does not infringe any valid copyright or other proprietary right of any other person;
- The work contains no libelous, defamatory or other unlawful material and that you as the Author or Creator agree to hold the University harmless from any claim, suit or proceeding based on the grounds that the Work contains such harmful matter, and agree to indemnify the University for reasonable expenses incurred in defending, settling, or otherwise responding to such claims.
- If the Work includes any copyrighted material not in the public domain, you as the Author or Creator will obtain the reprint permissions and provide them to the University on or about the time Work is published pending acceptance to this journal.
- This work was produced as part of your upper-level experience at MacEwan. That is to say, it reflects your effort in the courses that make up the 3rd and 4th years of study in a degree program, or the second year of a diploma program. If you have any questions about the suitability of your submission, consult with your Faculty Endorser or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You currently have no other submission waiting for a decision from MUSe. (If so, please wait until you have heard back about that item before completing the submission process for this one.)
- You have read the Author Guidelines and your work meets all style and formatting requirements.
- The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Audio submissions are in an .mpg file of less than 64MB and accompanied by a brief written document.
- Visual art submissions are in a .jpg file and accompanied by a brief written document.
- Your submission is not in an unacceptable file format. Refer back to the Author Guidelines for more information.
- You have reviewed the Letter of Faculty Endorsement and are prepared to send a copy of this letter to a faculty member who has agreed to endorse your work.
By publishing works in MUSe, authors retain copyright over their works and may publish or archive these works elsewhere as long as an acknowledgement of initial publication in MUSe is given. Note: The scholarly community rarely condones attempts to publish the same work in multiple journals. Before submitting any work to MUSe, please ensure that MUSe is the most appropriate publishing venue for that work (now or in the future).
The MUSe Editorial Board reserves the right to make copy-editing changes to works prior to publication to ensure they conform to the publication's style and quality standards.The MUSe Editorial Board also reserves the right to archive published submissions in MacEwan University's institutional repository, Research Online at MacEwan (http://roam.macewan.ca).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.